According oncologist No 1 Tran Thi Minh Nguyet, high blood pressure is the cause of death ranks the second after cancer and the highest in the heart disease group. According to the latest statistics, the proportion of people with high blood pressure accounted for 30% of the world population. If they have a healthy diet and living, good control of blood pressure, the patient can remain in good health and almost no affect longevity and quality of life. Doctor Nguyet also advise patients to adhere to strict regimen, monitored regularly and keep the pace of good living, eating. Specifically in the daily menu should be ensured:
– Proteins: From 0.8 to 1 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
– Fats: from 25 to 30 g. Use vegetable oils such as soybean oil, peanut, sesame, olive, sunflower.
– Carbohydrate: from 300 to 320 g.
– Salt (including MSG, seasoning salt, soy sauce, fish sauce): not more than 6 g.
– Dietary fiber from vegetables, fruit: about 30 to 40 g (equivalent to between 300 and 500 g of vegetables).
– Avoid or limit foods high in cholesterol, too salty, too sweet, too fat. In general, every day should not take more than 250 mg of cholesterol from foods.
– Do not eat food made from viscera and animal fats, canned meat, ham, cold meat, livestock and poultry skin, fatty dairy products, chocolate, potato chips.
– Restrict some seafood such as crayfish, shrimp, crab, squid …
– Design a menu with fish, lean meat, vegetable oil and more vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds are the safest. Vegetables good for high blood pressure such as celery, chrysanthemum, spinach, bamboo, tomatoes, eggplant, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, black mushrooms. Should eat slowly, chew carefully, eat much in the morning, limit salt.
Patients with high blood pressure should also ensure a reasonable amount of exercise in the day. Walking is a great form of exercise thanks to lower blood pressure and helps the heart use more oxygen 4 to 5 times higher than normal. Experts advise patients to walk regularly every day from 15 to 30 minutes to reduce the risk of cardiovascular related diseases and complications caused by high blood pressure.
Deep breathing exercises are also very good, this is a very simple exercise but have the big power to help stabilize blood pressure. Deep breathing not only helps reduce stress but also helps patients know how to control your blood pressure. Each person can spend 10 minutes in the evening or morning to breathe. Breathe as deeply as possible. And if have conditions, take part in a yoga class.